Please submit your photography related questions to us here: http://www.photopodcasts.com/contact.html
Host Scott Bourne: @ScottBourne
Co-Host Rick Sammon: @ricksammon
Rick’s website: www.ricksammon.com
This episode is sponsored by B&H - Please use our B&H affiliate link: bit.ly/bhphotodeals
Here are the questions that Scott and Rick answer on this episode:
1. Would like to ask, how do you get better at composition? Seems like such a talent I don’t have.
From Carlos Rivera On Twitter
2. What’s the biggest mistake that people moving from film to digital photography make?
From Dave in Tulsa, OK
3. Do you shoot JPEG or RAW and Lightroom or ???
From Aaron on Twitter
4. How do you avoid getting red-eye? I saw some on the forums saying use the red eye reduction mode but my camera doesn’t have that.
From Susan in Evansville, IN
5. How do you go about shooting in harsh sunlight?
From Stephanie Rodham on Twitter
6. Why do some portrait photographers choose continuous (hot)lights v. strobe?
From Alex in San Francisco, CA
7. Have any tips for shooting fast moving objects/ sports?
From Ryan Simonovich on Twitter
8. How do you get your portrait subjects to relax?
From Phil in Edmonton, Alberta
9. Why can I not get the same picture in my camera as in my head?
From Russ Scullen on Twitter
10. What motivates you to continue taking pictures economically, politically, intellectually or emotionally?
From Edward in Boise, ID
11. Why don’t camera manufacturers built camera bases with the Area Swiss plate built into the base? I see lots of questions on forums asking “what plate to buy”- why not build it into the camera, save the extra bulk/weight/cost? And many m43 cameras are not deemed worthy of a custom plate, leading to problems accessing batteries//cards when using generic plates.
From Rick Fee
Please support our show by using our B&H affiliate link (click here) that will not cost you a penny more than when you are buying at B&H without our link. And the more this link will be used to buy at B&H, the more giveaways we’ll be able to give back to our listeners through B&H. It really is a “win-win” situation :)
And please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or post a quick review about our shows on iTunes.
Scott Bourne is an Olympus Visionary and a professional wildlife photographer, author and lecturer who specializes in birds. He was one of the founders of This Week In Photo, Founded Photofocus.com and is co-founder of the new Photo Podcast Network (www.photopodcasts.com.)
This is where you'll find every episode of our photography podcasts like the "We Shoot Mirrorless", "More Gear Show" and our "Camera and Inspiration" podcast. Use the RSS feed to subscribe or sign up in iTunes for free.