On the PPN Q&A show, we answer our listener questions about photography related topics.
Submit your photography related questions here: http://www.photopodcasts.com/contact.html
Host Marco Larousse
Marco’s Website: www.MarcoLarousse.com
Marco’s Twitter: @HamburgCam
Co-Host Joseph Linaschke
Joseph’s Website: www.joseph.info
Joseph’s Twitter: @PhotoJoseph
Joseph’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/photojoseph
Joseph’s YouTube Channel: youtube.com/photojoseph
Joseph’s current contest: http://www.photojoseph.com/contest
This show is sponsored by B&H: bit.ly/bhphotodeals
Here are the questions that Marco and Joseph answer on this episode:
1. Hi - I just picked up the "Copyright Zone" by Ed Greenberg and Ed Reznicki. In your respective workflows, do you register your images prior to or after "Post" processing? Thanks!
From Brian in Portland, Oregon
2. I have a question inspired by your recent podcast about lenses. What are the pros and cons of using a 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom with a 2x teleconverter instead of using a 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 zoom? In particular, is there likely to be any significant difference when shooting each lens at the longest focal length? Thanks.
From James in Chandler, Arizona
3. What advice would you give for how to go about selecting a good lens hood for a reasonable price? How about hoods for kit or zoom lenses? Will my old DSLR lens hoods work with my new micro 4/3 lenses? Thanks.
From Curtis in Franklin, Tennessee
4. Hi. As a hobbyist photographer posting photographs on social media. What do you do if someone asked if they can buy one of them. Especially if the are from another part of the world. Is it worth the hassle or should you just send them a high res file by email and ask them to make a donation to their favourite charity. Love the shows!
From Rob in the U.K.
5. Hi - I was thinking of buying the EE-1 Dot Sight for use with my 40-150 Pro Zuiko, which I sometimes extend using the Zuiko 1.4x teleconverter. Have you had any experience with the Dot Sight? What do you think? BTW I enjoy the Mirrorless show. Thanks!
From David in Toronto, Canada
6. I'm thinking of purchasing a monopod but before I do I wondered if you could give an opinion on: Will it work ok for slow shutter (I like to blur water falls) or should I stick to a tripod for this? Should I use image stabilization or switch it off as with a tripod? I guess I'm wondering how much a monopod can replace a tripod. The camera is a Fuji XT1 Thanks in advance!
From Keith in Belfast, Northern Ireland
7. I enjoyed your recent podcast on lenses. Very useful advice. Many raw processors (e.g. DXO) try to correct some flaws in lenses via computational algorithms. Corrections include distortion, vignetting, chromatic aberration, and fringing. Does this computational approach reduce the value of expensive lenses relative to cheaper alternatives? Thanks!
From Dan in Neilson, Florida
8. Hi, I do a lot of long exposure landscape photography where I shoot at f11 or higher aperture. As you can imagine dust specs are a problem in these shot. My camera does have a sensor cleaning function, but that does not get rid of all of the dust specs. What is the best way to clean my sensor?
From Michael in Melbourne, Australia
Please support our show by using our B&H affiliate link (click here) that will not cost you a penny more than when you are buying at B&H without our link. And the more this link will be used to buy at B&H, the more giveaways we’ll be able to give back to our listeners through B&H. It really is a “win-win” situation :)
And please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or post a quick review about our shows on iTunes.
Marco Larousse is a fine art, street and documentary photographer, a teacher, writer, speaker, consultant and podcast producer of photography related topics - MarcoLarousse.com. Marco has a background in photography of 30+ years.
This is where you'll find every episode of our photography podcasts like the "We Shoot Mirrorless", "More Gear Show" and our "Camera and Inspiration" podcast. Use the RSS feed to subscribe or sign up in iTunes for free.